With the girls in Atlanta for the work week it was sure quite each morning and evening. We said it felt like dating days again! We were also able to catch up with our good friend Jill. I always enjoy those moments to share and laugh. It does not seem like 12 years ago when I moved down to Chattanooga, started at SunTrust and lived with her for just a few months before Jimmy and I were married. While our house was quite, the Atlanta home front was all but quiet. The girls enjoyed swimming at Slippery Rock, a fashion show for Grammy, Papa and Aunt Tammy, splash pad, slip ‘n slide and other fun things.
 |
| Fun day at Slippery Rock. |
 |
| Some sand time |
 |
| Special cousin time |
 |
| Don't worry, Papa was close by! |
 |
| Big girls! |
 |
| Maggie felt like big girl sleeping with Ally and Gracie |
 |
| They were cautious at first, but then Maggie was calling them like a dog. |
 |
| Ahh, Miss Priss! |
 |
| Dancing at the splash pad |
 |
| Splash pad! |
The response from Grammy warmed our hearts “She (Maggie) has been a joy, Gracie is so precious as she is growing up. I do think they have run laughed and had a lot of water time. But I think mostly we have had a great time with them.”
 |
| Maggie doing Papa's hair.... |
 |
| ...then she thought she should brush her hair! |
 |
| Maggie has quickly gained quite a bit of confidence in the water...notice no arm floats! |
 |
| Gracie and Ally enjoying some swimming time! |
 |
| Having fun at the mall with Ally in Chattanooga for the weekend! |
 |
| Sweet baby girl! |
One thing we have learned, Maggie says what gets processed (or some would say not processed) through her little mind. Such as: 1) “hey look at that blue hair” as loud as she can while eating dinner, 2) “those are BIG earrings”, 3) look at that big belly” while watching someone swim, 4) when not listening while on a walking path papa joking said “if you don’t say on the path you will get the belt” (which is funny as she does not know what that means as we say spanking) and as quick as she is she did not question it but said “What color is the belt”. O my, we are in trouble! We need to quickly work on her filter and behavior.
*Just incase I have not posted about this before...Maggie LOVES headbands. Really since about the beach vacation when we got her a few elastic ones she has them in ALL the time. She goes to bed with them, taking them off right before her head hits the pillow, and when she wakes up puts one immediately in. She does not always get it where I want it (where it pushes her hair back some and not right on her forehead) but I am working to give that up and allowing her the space to be our Maggie! (unless its picture time or we are going somewhere that I feel her hair needs to be done).
No comments:
Post a Comment