Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekend in Nashville!

Times with friends are priceless to us!   We love time away as a family and its always extra special when we get to spend it with friends.   We wanted to ensure we made the most of the summer with the girls so we planned several weekend fun things.   This weekend was Nashville.    We enjoyed dinner with the Busey's.   They are special friends to us.  They were some of our first friends as a couple that were in Chattanooga and Jimmy and Ronda went through the MBA program at UTC together.

2 girls each later! 
late night swim!  Hotel life is so fun as a kid! 

Saturday we met up with the Costantine's.  They moved to Nashville from Chattanooga several years ago.  They lived in our neighborhood and the girls went to CCS with our girls.   We miss having them in the neighborhood and impromptu dinners and playdates.   We spent the morning at the zoo and then a late lunch at Burger Republic.   The zoo is our favorite and Burger Republic was great too!

Ready for the day! 

"Did this bacon come from the pig's tail?"

Gracie, Maggie, Callie and Grace! 


We love the turtle exhibit!   



feeding them is the best!


The girls enjoyed having their iPods to take picture of the day! 


The zip line was new at the zoo this year.   We rode it twice I think.  Both girls loved it! 

Look at those smiles! 

Mommy rode with Gracie once.  

This made me giggle!  I have the best husband ever! 



Maggie and Mommy rode the carousel while Gracie rode the zip line again.  

Love these two! 

We had so much fun!   

The jungle gym! 



they were a little tired! 


A little ice cream before we say goodbye!




We did a little shopping at the American Girl store as well.  As we were headed back to the hotel Gracie got sick with a stomach bug and was sick all night throwing up.    We packed up this morning and picked up Bella on the way in.    We spent the afternoon sleeping and trying to get Gracie recovered.   I am not sure I have seen her this sick ever.

a little down time before we headed out to shop 

you can't go to a city with an American Girl store and not pick up a little something.   This was the girls surprise for the trip! 

Snuggles in bed!

Maggie slept great! 

bed head! 

Gracie had a rough time.  She was up almost all night throwing up and even played on the bathroom floor to rest!

Morning back rub by sis!  

She looks so sad!  I can't stand it when my family is sick.  

home resting! 

even Maggie got a Sunday nap in!  

As we drove back I thought back to when we were first married and I would often be upset that we did not have any friends to hang out with.   I loved spending time with Jimmy but we also both know the value in walking through life with friends.   15 years later I see the value of the investment of time more than ever before and so many friends both in Chattanooga and outside who have become family to us!   This weekend was fun, refreshing, and provided so much laugher, smiles and hugs to last until next time!  We love these families and any time we get together!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment