Thursday, August 13, 2020

June 2020 Recap: Friends, Ohio visit, the Gym, Rachael's 41th Birthday and more

June we embraced!  We were still as a county and community dealing with COVID, masks were now required, and lots of unknowns of what the "new normal" will look like.    Despite all that we made some wonderful memories and stacked up investing in relationships with family game time, lots of pool and porch time, and visits from some dear friends.  








The Smith's came in from Dallas.  We were suppose to have enjoyed spring break in Dallas with them, but that was one of the many canceled trips/ events this year.  Their boys and our girls have such a sweet friendship and we absolutely cherish any time we get.    A few weeks later my best friend from high school flew in with her daughter.   Makenna and Maggie are just a few months apart and enjoyed lots of play time together.   I slacked up having Leah and the opportunity to just do life in person.  Living states apart, children, and all the other commitments of life we rarely get the chance to do that.  





s'mores on the smoker!  The favorite dessert treat this summer



Gracie had her wisdom teeth out early June.  Her braces were off last year and they wanted to go ahead and have those taken out to avoid any movement of her now straight teeth.  She was very anxious with lots of tears before, but did so well.   When she was off of anesthesia while she did not say anything really funny she did roll her eyes more than I have ever seen her do.   
Before: 
She was a trooper! 



Mom and Dad have sold their home in Ohio where they have lived for the past 25 plus years.    We moved into this house when I was about 16.   We made one last trip "home" to visit, help pack, and enjoy some time together.   We are excited that Mom and Dad are one step closer to retirement and moving down to Tennessee.  Until then, they have rented a small house for the next months/ years.   We celebrated Father's Day as well hen we were home! 

Mr. Freeze at least twice! 




I love when they want to snuggle up! 

We snagged a few morning walks along the river each morning. 

This made me smile.  I would sit in this very same spot to do my make up each morning (and still do when we are home).   

This girl is always full of life! 

Father's Day and our last day day home! 






They grow so fast!!! 
We got to see my Grandma Sutton while we were home.  I am so glad that my girls have had the opportunity to spend time with her over the years.  

Having fun with Gjysh! 


I celebrated my 41st Birthday with my sweet family!  There is no one I would rather do life with.  





The girls and I have been focused this summer on crossfit/ personal training.  Maggie is doing a kids crossfit class.    Gracie and I are doing personal training often at 7am in the morning a few days a week.  I am so proud of all 3 of us.     I love to watch Maggie when I can break away from working at home for the hour to watch her and see her excitement when she comes home to tell us all about it.   One of my favorite times of the day is the time Gracie and I get to train together.   She is pushing herself and it makes me push myself further too!   










And of course just some sweet pics of each of the girls to end the month update!   
Gracie, you have been come quite the baker and we can always count on fresh cookies that are better than the ones I make!   Your adjustment to COVID was hard to be "stuck" at home so much, but you have embraced it well.   We love you!

Gracie rested and enjoyed Bella snuggles! 






Maggie, being so extroverted this was a hard adjustment for you.  We are proud of how you navigated what was extremely hard for you.  You relied on technology to connect and talk with your friends.  You also found ways to be helpful around the house and embraced game time more! 

Maggie enjoyed lots of pool time, snuggles, and had to say good bye to her fish and burry him.  She was so sweet in the care she showed and handled it so well.  







No comments:

Post a Comment