We are so blessed by the friendships we have. What at this point has turned into an annual event at our house, we hosted our small group Super Bowl party. While sometimes I debate if we should (its hard to give up my Sunday nights and make it an extra late one at that), I always enjoy the time. There is nothing better than visiting, watching the game, and having our little ones (who are really not so little anymore) run around together.
 |
| Sweet Girls |
 |
| Mommy's Girls! |
 |
| Self portrait! |
 |
| Picture by Gracie! I love this one of us looking at each other |
 |
| Look alike in so many ways |
The week was again filled with waiting as we prayed each morning that Ellie would arrive soon! We have two anxious cousins to hold her (as well as her Aunt and Uncle)! We did not have to wait long. She was born Monday, February 4th! We are beyond excited. We gave them some rest and enjoyed Tuesday morning having my parents at the house when the girls woke up. Tuesday we picked the girls up from school when Gracie finished (she was excited, no aftercare!) and headed to Cleveland. We were at their house when the brought Ellie home and immediately the girls were by her side! Jimmy and I even snagged a few moments to hold this sweet girl. It was fun to see the girls at this age with a new baby and their personalities. Gracie was content to hold her the entire evening and was not too excited when she had to share. Maggie wanted to look at her and hold her for moments but then wanted her to play and go to her swing. Ellie, we adore you and can’t wait to see you again soon!
 |
| Welcome Ellie! |
 |
| Meeting Ellie! |
 |
| Gracie could not get enough of her |
 |
| Uncle Gabe adores us, but Ellie even more! |
 |
| I helped to supervise the tree going up! |
I often email with Mrs. Barrow, Gracie’s teacher, coordinating the events for the room. Mrs. Barrow’s comment to me about Gracie made my day! “P.S. I may not tell you often enough but Gracie is a JOY to have in the classroom! She listens and works hard! A teacher's dream! :)” Gracie is a sweet girl and working very hard in 1st grade. Her memory verses she learns through the week well and her spelling words she usually masters those early in the week (with a few like “need” that is is tricky to remember it has to e’s).
I try to go have lunch with Gracie and her class from time to time. Gracie always asks for us to bring her lunch and her request is Panera cheddar broccoli soup with grilled chicken on the side with a bread. I love the time with her and her friends.
 |
| Kenzie and Gracie --BFF (most days) |
Today was a low key day with gymnastics and errands. When Gracie and I got home from spending time together Jimmy told me he had a surprise. he was right...he had planned for our sitter to come over, dinner reservations and friends are meeting us! It was a wonderful surprise. While we always try to make date night at least monthly this month is busy and I had assumed it likely would not work and I am usually the one at least making the sitter arrangements. We are off to a great night out.....
No comments:
Post a Comment