Sunday, February 24, 2013

HOME!



Monday we enjoyed a day off and spent time together snuggling and playing as a family.  We also stopped in to get Maggie’s hair cut at Pigtails and Crewcuts!  Its fantastic.  Maggie made us laugh as she peppered us with questions (as if this was her first hair cut).  “Will it hurt?”,  “Will have still have curls?” , “Will I be able to do this?” (as she pulled on a curl to watch it shirk back up).   Her hair looks great!  We always know she is in need of a cut when no amount of product helps!  

How most days off begin! 


I flew out Monday afternoon to the Carolinas (Charlotte and Durham) Monday.  It was a long week of work scheduled back to back ending Friday in Chattanooga for dinner!    I am so blessed by our partnership in life!   While our career decisions are always  second tier to our marriage and our girls, we both work to support each others careers and this week was no exception.  The girls are always in great hands with a Daddy who is involved and eager! 

One night at the hotel a rubber duck was on the towels.  It reminded me of home and bath time.  What a chore that bath time feels most nights, but how I miss it when I am gone and would love the moments to be there this week.  

Made me laugh!


Sleeping beauty!   O how I love these moments when I tuck the girls in before I lay my head down each night.  


Sweet sleeping doll.   (note:  fingers most the night, just to fall asleep)

There is nothing better than being home.  I love the immediate hugs and kisses.  The girls and Jimmy immediately rush to my side and each want my attention.   I know I am loved, missed and appreciated.     I love at dinner how the girls must cram into one side of the booth with me to be close.  I love how I get to look across the table at Jimmy and talk about the events of the week in person.  I love how by the end of dinner I can sneak next to Jimmy and share a dessert next to each other.  Home is where we are all called to be!   Together!  

My girls!  


A bright spot to the weekend was seeing my mom.  She is in town to help my brother and SIL with Ellie.    So we spent most Saturday with them.  The girls enjoyed KK snuggles and Ellie snuggles too!   

Love this!  Ellie was sleeping and moved her hands!   Gracie's face is classic!  

Maggie was really focused on Ellie! 

KK and girls!    What a fun day together! 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment