Saturday, March 16, 2013

A great taste of spring!


Sunday was the most beautiful day!  How do I gage that?  Partially by 1) if we can do “church pictures” outside and 2) how quickly we rush back inside because its too cold. We could have stayed outside for hours!    Grammy was still in town and went to church with us before heading back to Atlanta.  It was so nice to have her visit for the weekend.    

Big Sis helping Little Sis "look pretty" (we continue to reinforce beauty is inside and out but a little lip gloss never hurt!)

Sweet sisters

Finally, a smile picture!

Maggie, Gracie and Grammy!   We loved having Gram in town! (and she spoiled us with chicken and dumplings)


After church we ran a few errands then headed home and spent the rest of the afternoon outside soaking up the sun and warmth. What a blessing!   I love spring for so many reasons which include reconnecting with neighbors and visiting after a cold winter.  I think everyone was outside enjoying the day.   

Sunshine! 
Daylight savings time really throws us off for the week.  Although we try to go to bed early through the weekend in hopes that Monday will not be so bad, it almost always is a trying morning and this year was no different.  Monday was rough, but not as bad as I had thought.   We have enjoyed the extra day light so I guess the loss of sleep is okay.  Although, Jimmy always says you don’t loose an hour you gain an hour!  What?  Right, its not about sleep.  You gain an hour or daylight!  That is my wonderful husband, always looking at it positively!  
Almost tall enough to ride her trike She is really trying! 

Awesome bubbles!   One of my favorite pics!

Maggie had a rough week, I keep telling myself its due to the time change but after a whole week of her whining and crying to get her way (boy she can turn if off and on) I am more convinced we are into the terrible 3’s and need to just buckle down, discipline as we always have done and pray for patience to love her through it!  The sweet snuggles from Maggie regardless of the day and looking at Gracie (who went through the same thing) are great reminders to me that “this to shall pass”.  While we never are through parenting, the type of parenting changes as they grow and for this I am thankful.  I may think parenting a 3 year old looks easy when we hit 13! ha! 

Saturdays are cherished and this one was no different.  The girls enjoyed gymnastics class then headed off to a lunch and fun on their Daddy Daughter date!  They love these and were looking forward to the time with their Daddy.  They also know this week he is leaving for his guys trip to Vegas they will be on Spring Break in Ohio before he comes back.   I often watch and listen to Jimmy interact with the girls and feel so blessed.    He takes such an active interest in their lives and desires to spend time with them (and spoil them too).    These are memories that we will all hold onto forever!  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment