Saturday, November 16, 2013

Home!

I always love going home to Ohio (my home) or to Atlanta (Jimmy’s home), but there is always something about being in our home that makes life settled with a peace that we are where we are called to be.   

Quite settled reading to herself!   

Snuggled!

Hanging her photo ornaments 

Maggie was eager to touch every one of the ornaments!   
We have the house decorated (with a lot of help from Jimmy!) and are now ready for Christmas and the festivities of the next 6 weeks!   I love this time of year.  As we were decorating the tree the girls enjoyed finding their picture ornaments from each year (my favorite I think is the first one we ever did with Gracie’s feet from the ultrasound).   Maggie began to tell me about the cross and the meaning!  Wow, when I hear my girls share about Jesus birth and the cross all I can do is smile.   

This weekend as a dear friend of mine grieves the loss of her baby through miscarriage that I remember those moments so well that we walked as we lost our baby!   Those are moments I will never forget and have now (over 9 years later) become bitter sweet!  The worship song with the words “he gives and he takes away” always hold true in my heart as I still wrestle with the what would have been.    So I am thankful for the experiences we have had, the path we have walked and those that I know we will in the future that will not be easy but will draw us closer.   



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment