Saturday, February 22, 2014

Snow boots to flip flops!

This week we were back into routine.  Gracie has swim lessons Monday evening and Maggie had them Tuesday evening.  We had decided the girls each needed their own lessons as Gracie needed to work on endurance for her preparation for swim team this summer and Maggie needed more time in the pool (that was a little warmer) focusing on   swimming and not playing!   They both are doing well and enjoy the water. 

Maggie can be rotten (of course that is a term of endearment down South).   When I was putting her to bed one night I said “Maggie, I love you more than the curls on your head”, her response...”Mommy, I love you more than the straights on your hair” Mommy “I love you more than the snow flakes we have seen this week”, Maggie “Mommy, I love you more than Daddy fixed the Tahoe”!  this girl makes us laugh.   


We had been planning on a sleepover where each of the girls could have their best friend over to play and spend the night.   Friday was they day and they all loved it!     We strongly encourage the girls friendships, while we know we have choose their friends for them we can encourage those we strong support!  The girls both have wonderful friends who also have sweet parents that we really have enjoyed getting to know better.    The girls were up until about 11pm and then up before 6am!   Today made for some tired girls, but we pushed through.  Each one had a friend roller skate with them, then Jimmy met up with a friend for the day who was in from out of town.   The girls and I enjoyed a bit of quiet at home then my brother, Katelyn, and Ellie came over.  We played, went to the park and walked the mall a bit.  By the time we got home we were doing dinner, baths and bed and sound asleep before 7pm!   


She is really beginning to look much oleo to me!  That is bitter sweet for this mama! 

Sweet girl snuggled watching a movie! 

Maggie reading her Valentines from her classmates since she missed her party due to the tubing trip.  

Playing at the park (in flip flops)!  Maggie is soaking up this nice weather and short sleeves! 

Ellie at the park with us!  She had a great time too!

Someone was a little tired coming home from the mall!  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment