Sunday, February 2, 2014

The Unexpected!

I don’t even know where to begin as this week did not at all go as planned!   I was traveling Monday and Tuesday to Nashville which was my normal trip.  The girls were glad we were back to routine after Jimmy traveling the past few weeks.   Tuesday about 9am snow flurries began to hit Chattanooga...and sticking.  By 10:30 schools were all closing and everyone working to get home safe.   While it only took Jimmy about 1 hour and 30 minutes to get home safe, others had hours and others abandoned their cars to walk home.  The issue here is not the inches of snow (which were probably about 2 inches), but quickly sticking to the ground and creating very slick conditions.   Note:   don’t here we don’t invest in snow equipment/ much salt as we don’t get much.   Also, we live down here because we like the infrequent manner this winter weather comes! ha.  

Snow Day Tuesday….my 3 favorite set of shoe prints!   


All ready! 

All ready! 



Day 1 of snow!


Sledding up the "hill" in our neighborhood 

Daddy and Gracie…there she goes! 

Mommy made it in Wednesday in time to watch and go down a few times.  Maggie wanted to snuggle and did not want to sled at all. 

…Unless of course Daddy was pulling her UP HILL! ha. 


Needless to say, very quickly even thought I was disappointed to not be coming home, we decided I needed to stay in Nashville one extra night and wait and see how the roads were.  Nashville roads were great as there was no snow/ ice, it was crossing over the mountain and into Chattanooga that was the issue.  The girls got lots of Daddy time, tubing,  and playing with neighbors before I got home, but I did get home Wednesday safe and with no issues.  

The girls were out of school Thursday and Maggie Friday.    Thursday we met The Smith’s for lunch and the aquarium.   The girls each had the opportunity to hold s snake!  How, they are both more brave than their Mommy.   Friday Maggie and I met Addison and her mom for lunch, Pump it Up, and ice cream before we went to get Gracie.   

We love the Chattanooga Aquarium!   So brave! 

Maggie's turn…..

…Not so fast Mr. Snake!   

The kids all enjoyed the day together (and so did their Mommies!)

The "littles"..I think by birth order they are required to be as spunky as possible! 

Maggie ready for her day with Addison (she said this was how she was going to dress for summer camp!)

Addison with Maggie!   Love these girls. 


Yesterday was a fun day (not sure how I did not get any pictures though).   We met up with several small group families for roller skating.  It was so fun to see the kids all trying to skate and how much more confident they got after just an hour.   It won’t be long and Maggie will be on skates on her own. She wants to skate like Sis so bad.   We all grabbed a quick lunch then the ladies hit the road for a Mommy day with shopping, a great dinner and lots of laughs!  It was memorable for all I think.  The Daddies and the kids played, ate pizza and played a little poker (the Dads that is not the kids.  ha).  
Mr. Matt brought Molly over to play with the girls and Maggie (as well as Gracie) adore her!  Maggie keeps saying we are getting a puppy because we got a fence!  ahhhh, what are we going to do with this girl? 

Jimmy said Maggie was with Molly all night.  Mr. Matt left Molly at the house (long story) and Maggie said "I guess we get to keep her!"  


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment