So this week (Sunday and Monday really) was one of those that I had to remind myself we all have bad days.
| Sunday pic with lots of giggles! |
![]() |
| Yay for family near by. We got to meet my brother, SIL and Ellie for lunch after church. We adore these girls together and the chance to visit with them. |
| Maggie snuggled on Sunday afternoon before nap. I love that she calls her sleeping cap (Bonnik). |
Maggie has been requiring more discipline attention the past week. I just don’t know what is driving her poor behavior and lack of listening. Monday at camp when we picked them up the conversation went something like this:
Gracie “Maggie tell Mommy and Daddy how your day was”
Maggie: ---silence
Gracie: “Tell them what happened at lunch”
Maggie: ---long silence and no eye contact followed by “I fell on my knee”
Gracie: “that was not it”
Mommy and Daddy “Gracie, did something happen Maggie needs to share?”
Gracie: “yes” with some head nods as we ask questions to Maggie
Mommy and Daddy “did you get hurt? (Gracie nod no) “Did you trip a friend?” (Gracie nod no) “ddi you hit your friend?” (Gracie nod no) final question because I was out of other ideas and really expected the same response “Did you bite a friend?” (Gracie nod yes). What? really?
We than began to encourage Maggie to share what had happened because we talk about our days (the good and the bad) and to tell us herself. We tried everything...losing iPad, timeout at home, calling Ms. Angela, etc. She did not budge on her response. She was not going to tell.
When we got home we got the info from Gracie (aside from Maggie as we were really encouraging her to tell us). I sent a friend who’s daughter it was to confirm what Gracie said. Then prayed that Maggie would eventually see that being open and upfront even when we are wrong is a much better approach. Sure enough when we were going to read before dinner she told me she bit “big Maggie”. So, she did loose her iPad for a day for not telling us initially, then received 2 sprays of vinegar for biting and lying about it when asked. She was not a happy little girl, but once it was all over her total disposition changed and she was sweet and playful. We celebrated her sharing and how much better she would have felt if she just would have told us to begin with.
As for the rest of the week...it was busy but good! I was home (yay for no work travel) all week and enjoyed many nights of snuggles. We have continued to do Daddy Math Camp and I get to do reading with Gracie. I guess it comes full circle. Reading was my greatest challenge due to my eye sight growing up and now I get the opportunity to demonstrate extreme patience as we work with Gracie. She is a good reader, just needs to focus and take it more seriously. We will celebrate the milestones and each chapter read!
The weekend is low key here! Lots of snuggles and chores as we get ready for a few last weeks of summer and prepping for school to start. Gracie got her haircut and a cute new style. Maggie is eager to get hers done like Gracie, but for now a trim with all those curls is about all we can do! We enjoyed Saturday naps (actually asked for by the girls) and time at the pool before we ended our night.
| Before hair cut…. |
| Before hair cut…. |
| Before hair cut…. |
![]() |
| After hair cut! We love it and she does too. |
![]() |
| After hair cut. |
![]() |
| After hair cut… |
![]() |
| Some play time at the house in the afternoon after naps. What a great great day! |
![]() |
| I love the girls are both old enough to play games together without much help. Its sweet to watch them interact and be competitive. |
| Such big smiles in the water! |
| My three loves! What a great way to spend a Saturday! |







No comments:
Post a Comment