**no pics as we were so ready to get done as the purchase took way to long for the new car!
So any one that knows us well knows that we don’t rotate through cars often. In fact, we run them until the repairs are more than the value and / or when our safety is compromised. That being said after we had my car checked out and the AC repair was going to be quite expensive and there was a dealership in Atlanta that had the car we had narrowed it down to we decided to make the change. Not idea timing, but we will make it work!
As we were cleaning out the car I had these following thoughts and memories. So while I don’t get overly sentimental I did for a few moments!
--this was the first car we bought together as a couple! We had seen it and knew that we were going to trade my white car in soon (that is a car I never really loved). Jimmy surprised me and had test drove it and negotiated it, all I had to do was drive it and say I liked it (we NEVER buy cars independent). June 2003 purchased with 5,579 miles and December 2014 245,000.
--for the last 8 1/2 years that car has had car seats in it! We have brought both our daughters home from the hospital in it. WOW! When we bought it we were planning for little ones down the road and what would be important (then it was the back sun shade since they would be rear facing) and now we bough this one as we thought about them being teenagers (the extra room in the back was critical)
--we have had it longer than we have lived in either house we have owned.
--We have made many trips that can’t even begin to be counted to Ohio and Atlanta and shared the depths of our heart together, made critical decisions and choose the names of our daughters while traveling in it!
--we have shared many laughs, deep discussions and tears in that car!
--we have settled many sibling arguments, many stories and lots of study hours the past several years to and from school in the mornings.
Here’s to many miles and years in this new car and most of all memories!
No comments:
Post a Comment