Saturday, February 28, 2015

A Week In Review


Yep sloppy Bella kisses! 

Sunday Pic 

Our 3 girls! 

Sunday Pic 
 
These two are becoming quite close!   They still need their space (who doesn't) but they consistently want to be with each other.  
This week we had a lot to share, document and pause for a breath.   Sunday Maggie participated in her Gymnastics Olympics. She had been talking about it for months and it finally was time to watch her demonstrate all she had been learning.  She continues to enjoy the activity and tackles it with a high level of confidence.  
Ready to compete! 

Just love this..such form! 

Maggie loves the bars and flipping over them.  

A wonderful demonstration of her hard work! 

Gracie was a patient spectator and enjoyed a few pics with Mommy.   She is my look a like! 

Sunday night was our church volunteer dinner.  It was the best one yet!  It was Oscar themed and gave us a good excuse to dress up.   Our sitter canceled due to illness at the last minute so we had Abigail watch the girls for the first time.  We have known her since she was just one and felt like proud parents that she was responsible enough to care for our girls.  They all had a great time!  

My handsome date! 

They asked to sleep together until we got home.   




The weather got dicey quickly in Tennessee again altering the week’s travel plans.   Tuesday it was snowy with about an inch of snow!    The girls were delayed and quickly canceled.   I worked from home the first half of the day before heading to Nashville, but not before we all played in the snow for a bit.  Jimmy was not feeling well so a day home was just what he needed to rest.   Back to normal schedule Wednesday until school closed early at 2pm due to the pending snow projected.  Thursday school was canceled due to 6+ inches of snow the night before.   I know the girls and Jimmy do well while I am gone, but I hated to miss the play in the snow and snuggles.   I prayed the entire time that my travel back would not be delayed…it was a perfect flight back to Chattanooga. 

Snow..Tuesday (day 1) 

Snow Angels for KK

Bella LOVES the snow

Gracie after this week said "now that I got my snow spring and summer can come!" 

Snow Wednesday night (day 2) 

Just for Mommy to see the fun they were having!

Friday night we visited with my Brother and SIL and let them run some errands while we kept Ellie to play! She sure has our heart!  We always talk about how great it is to have family so close and have the privilege to connect frequently.   

Gracie and Ellie 

This weekend we have been enjoying time snuggling knowing that we will be away from the girls for a week while we re in the Bahamas.   Which also meant we were going to board Bella to make it easy on those that are loving on our girls while we are gone.    The girls were very sad by this, especially Gracie who takes saying goodbye (although just for a week) very hard.  

Ready to go play with puppy friends for a week! 

Snuggles before we left!   This was before the tears!  

A few things to capture:
—Maggie’s Kindergarten assessment went great. Her teachers (and her scores show) she is ready for kindergarten in the fall.   Registration is done and it was hard to process we will have one in K and one in 4th!  

—Gracie after lunch today said I was on her “bad list” since we were going on vacation and she was going to miss us.   I smiled and asked her if she knew why we go on vacations sometimes that are just Mommy and Daddy.  She gave me a look that clearly said she did not.  I told her it was hard to understand now I know, but that time away gave Daddy and I a chance to laugh, plan, prioritize time as a husband and wife, and relish in the quiet to come back refreshed to be better parents.   I told her that when she is married and has kids I hope she does the same and leaves the kids with us!  Maggie’s response was “Daddy can take Gracie’s Kids and Mommy can take mine”.    Our prayer is that while its hard to get away and there is some guilt of being away especially when I do travel for work too, that the girls begin to understand our priorities and therefore our deep love beyond words for each other and them.  



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment