Saturday, September 5, 2015

Life these days!

Maggie has proven to consistently provide some quick comedy with her quick comments regarding life.Sunday as we were leaving church we say a VW Bug with the winder on the back.  Maggie in awe said "so they have to wind that up when they want to drive"
Yep...she was amazed by this! 

Bella snuggles 

We are participating a fast the church is doing for 21 days, so we as a family gave up sweet treats.   The girls were involved in this decision too as we wanted their buy in to fully understand what we were doing and why.  The first week they did great.  This week (week 2) Maggie asked if we could have given up something else.   I explained we could have like TV or iPads or anything we felt would help us have more time to focus on Jesus.   She said "well we should have given up TV so we could have JUNK!".   Ahhh, yes that is my child!   Great lessons to learn!

This week I spent a few days in Memphis to hire my team.  While I have a ways to go, God has been so good in providing the right teammates along the way and I know this will be no different!   September and October are busy months for traveling with work and I say all the time I could not do it without a supportive husband and wonderful Daddy!   He makes it all work so well.  

Two staples while I travel.... a diet Coke and my Kindle.   I love reading on it and never would have gotten it.  It was a sweet surprise gift for no reason really from Jimmy!   

Back in the office Friday I was reminded how quickly time flies!  Yes, Maggie will turn 6 the end of this month.  We are 4 months to the end of the year!   really?  
This week Jimmy was in a publication!   This was is leadership class from last year at First Tenn.   First Tenn is often recognized as a top bank to work for.

ELP Class.   

We are thankful for the banks we both work for! 
Gracie had a sleep over after school Friday.  Maggie enjoyed some Mommy and Daddy snuggles at night and then I took her to the jump park Saturday before we picked up Sis.

Bella LOVES the car ride! 

Aunt Tammy.... Maggie now fits the skates you all got Gracie!  She loves to skate too!  

Helen Grace and Grace enjoying their sleepover! (of course they have their American Girls with them) 

Mommy's sleepy girl! Since Gracie was away she got the privilege to sleep in our room in the big chair.  

all smiles...someone enjoys an opportunity to be the only child just for a bit! 

Check out that toothless smile! 


Mommy and Maggie! 
We are blessed by so many special friends and the ability to do life.  Life is messy and hard!   Tonight we hugged and loved on sweet friends of ours who lost their baby at 20 weeks.    It brought back those memories of when we lost our first baby and the ability to look back and see not only the blessings God has given us but the lessons he taught us that strengthened our faith.   God is still Good in all things and yet I acknowledge that is sometimes a hard statement to make in the hurt and grief.  

The girls before the memorial service for Quinn.   

Emma and Gracie

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment