The months go by faster than I ever imagined. I think faster now that the girls are older than when they were little. I am working hard to slow down. To rest. To cherish the full days and weeks and to embrace the downtime where we have built margin into our lives.
A few things to remember:
- Maggie sometimes still wakes up with leg pains during the night. I am always the one she comes to. Jimmy will get up with her if I wake him up, but often I go up to snuggle and rub her legs. One light she smiled up at me and said "Mommy, you are the best night nurse!". I laughed through my own frustration that she is 10 and does not go back to sleep without snuggles, but in that moment was reminded of what she needs and I hope she always remembers.
- Both the girls have worked hard at school and are excelling.
- My new job has allowed me more time to work from home and less travel, at least initially, than in prior years. I am challenged and learning more than I expected. I continue to be thankful for an organization that allows me to do what I do well and balance/ integrate my family. They are everything to me!
No comments:
Post a Comment