Saturday, January 5, 2013

A New Year....a New Style!


A new year....a new style!   That is right, we now have a family blog to capture our lives!     This should be fun for all of us and I am hoping easier as I can do one post with pictures and each year print a book to capture our life!   

My Facebook post on Sunday:  “Nothing better to us as parents then to hear the girls without promoting tell each other they are pretty! Not because they are dressed up or have make up on but just because! We pray for many more moments like this over the next years!”  While we learn more each day about ourselves, how to parent, and how often we get it wrong, these sweet moments provide some encouragement! 



The girls got some great time with Aunt Tammy, Uncle Joey, Josh, Zach, and Ally on Monday while Jimmy and I worked.   They had a blast and no doubt were spoiled by all the attention.   It is so special to us that the girls have as much time as possible with family to build relationships and create memories together.  That is what life and family is all about.   Maggie kept everyone laughing with her sayings and looks.  She would say “did you hear that?”  after she would make a funny noise.  This was her impersonation from the Elf movie. 

We celebrated New Years Eve with a “fire night”.  We gathered around the fire to roast marshmallows and make s’mores.    Then Uncle Joey and the boys did fireworks for us to enjoy!  No one was up for ringing in the new year with our eyes open so we all crashed!    We also celebrated Christmas with them.  Gracie got the game "Disney Headbands" which we have loved playing.   



The first week of 2013 has still be full of family and play time as Gracie does not go back to school until Monday.  The rest of us went back to school and work on Wednesday.     Aunt Tammy was a huge help in keeping Gracie a few days.  They even managed to grab lunch down town with me at the English Tea Room!  It was so girly.   The last time we were all there was when I was pregnant with Maggie and we were having a girls day with Tammy, Ally, Gracie and my mother-in-law before Maggie’s arrival.  






This year as a family we have started to do a devotion book each morning at breakfast, Jesus Calling for Kids.   It is a fantastic.   January 1st talked about its time for change and how that is not always easy.  Gracie asked it was referring to money (coins) and we explained when events or circumstances are different like when she moved from her preschool to Chattanooga Christian for Kindergarten.   I was proud of her and surprised, she quickly said “and like when I changed to do carpool”.   This was a big change for Gracie as we have walked her in every morning to the gym since she started Kindergarten a year and a half ago.   Wow!  She is growing up!   

Maggie sometimes all I can say is “she is just Maggie”.  She would wear jammies all day if we would let her and when we do not she wants her yoga pants and short sleeve shirts.    She uses first person often “snuggle I” /  “tuck I in” /  “help I do it” .    








No comments:

Post a Comment