There are some weeks I just am glad we made it through and had a weekend with fun, family and friends. These are our reward!
I traveled with work to Atlanta for Monday and Tuesday, therefore that means Jimmy was on single Daddy duty. I tell the girls all the time how wonderful he is by spending time with them and helping take care of them. I want them to fully grasp that not all Dad’s are like theirs and he is treasured! I want them to understand the role of a husband and father is not just going to work to help provide so they get nice things. I while I am gone I miss them terribly!
My biggest reward is walking in to two sweet girls who almost tackle me as they scream “Mommy” and a husband who is eager for me to be home to do this life together daily! These are the best moments!
I had to chuckle when I looked on our dry erase board. Tuesday is cleaning day! This is one of those life balance things for us that when I decided to go back to work when Gracie was a baby we decided part of that budget would include someone to help with the house. It is a huge blessing to us and I don’t take that for granted.
Maggie had our first scissor issue, yes almost 7 years as parents and we have not worried about clothes, hair or other fatalities with scissors...until now. When Jimmy picked Mags up one day this week there was a nice note “Maggie cut her shirt at the art center”. When I got home she was so proud to show me the hole!
By Friday, both girls first full week back at school, we were all exhausted! It has been a great weekend. Jimmy took the girls on a Daddy Daughter date for donuts. It was filled with gymnastics as the girls had class and then a birthday party later! They were jumping and flipping all over!



No comments:
Post a Comment