I have told Jimmy adjusting to this new routine of more frequent travel for work is not something I love. I am a home body and love to be the last one to kiss my girls goodnight before I lay my head on the pillow and snuggle in bed with my hubby! As wonderful as Jimmy is he assured me we will all adjust and this is actually easier on them since its only one night at a time than when I was gone less frequently but for a week at a time. Lord, give me patience to adjust and strength to get through this period.
 |
| It was a rough morning! |
I am proud to say the girls closets are officially transitioned for spring/ summer! Praise God. That is an overwhelming task to me each change of season, but always is such an accomplishment too! It literally takes me hours! Ellie now has 2 large garbage bags of clothes, tights/ socks, shoes and toys coming her way and Gracie and Maggie eagerly pull out their short sleeves and shorts! I LOVE spring!
Birthday girl! That is right, our oldest “baby” turned 7! In our house, what does that mean? Lots of celebration! While each year I get a little more low key about the details, we do not celebrate any less. The girls still choose a treat to take to school to celebrate with their class, they still wake up to a special birthday breakfast, they still have a party with some friends, and of course they choose their birthday dinner! Its not about the big party to me, but it is about them knowing they are a BIG deal, their life is valued not just on this day but every day and their life is one marked by God’s fingerprints and plan for them! So.....we celebrated!
Class Treat: Cookie Cake
 |
| Snack choice for school! Yummy! |
 |
| Day before birthday! Ready for school celebration! |
 |
| Birthday girl at school with Kenzie! |
 |
| 2013 birthday present to Gracie and Maggie! Love -Mommy and Daddy! The girls were so excited |
 |
| Enjoying the frist night outside playing on the playset. |
Birthday Breakfast: cinnamon rolls with lots of phone calls from grandparents and Facebook comments!
Party: what girl does not love a spa party with a pedi and close friends to laugh and share life with! This is just the beginning I am sure!
 |
| Happy 7th Birthday! Ready to party! |
 |
| Lil Sis is ready to party too! |
 |
| Birthday girl! |
 |
| Ready for their Mani and Pedi! The life with girls! |
 |
| Kenzie, Gracie and Delaney! |
 |
| I had to chuckle! Maggie was sure enjoying being pampered! |
 |
| Even at 7 you can still be silly! |
Birthday dinner: this was a bigger decision than I had expected! I fully intended to cook a nice meal, however she in the end choose “Mexican by the house” (this was after we ruled out the Mexican in Knoxville or a restaurant in Charleston that makes hushpuppies!). It was fun to watch Gracie’s face as they sang “Happy Birthday”.
 |
| Sisters...Age 7 and 3 1/2 |
 |
| Daddy and Mommy with our oldest! We love you Gracie! |
 |
| Grammy and Papa with their Tennessee girls! |
 |
| Gracie had no idea they were going to sing to her! She kept saying after "that was odd"! |
Birthday cake: back to the house with Grammy and Papa and Uncle Gabe, Aunt Katelyn, and Ellie for Chocolate cake from Bread Basket! Yummy! Pure chocolate goodness!
 |
| Chocolate cake with 7 BIG candles! |
 |
| Uncle Gabe, Aunt Katelyn, Ellie and the birthday girl! |
No comments:
Post a Comment