Easter has always been my favorite. I love the spring and the new life that buds, I love the pretty dresses, the baskets, but most of all the promise for each of us of new life! My grandpa never referred to this special day as Easter, I think it is simply because it is not just a holiday. He always greeted us into their home with “Happy Resurrection Day”! It still warms my heart and provides the true reflection and celebration of the day! Its the empty tomb!
We do the girls Easter baskets before we leave for church. Gracie informed me when we had started to get ready the baskets were not hidden where they were last year (behind the leather chair). Apparently she looked when she came down to our bedroom earlier that morning! She makes me laugh!
![]() |
| Checking out her basket |
| Maggie was excited about her M & M's (she says the "M" stands for "Maggie" ha) |
![]() |
| Spunky! |
![]() |
| Our little lady! She looks so grown up. |
![]() |
| Sweet sisters! |
| Pretty girl! |
![]() |
| Daddy's ladies |
| Daddy with his little girls! |
| A rare picture of us! I cherish these! |
Pastor Ryan Sunday drove home this point I think better than anyone I have heard, or maybe my heart was just in a different point of reflection. He drilled home the point is the resurrection, while the cross and the sacrifice covered our sins, we as Christians are challenged to and expected to embrace the resurrection which is the new life, rebirth! How are we living this out each day?
My favorite song this Resurrection season has been “Its about the Cross” by Go Fish. Its actually on their Christmas album, however so fitting for this Sunday and everyday!
Lyrics:
The beginning of the story is wonderful and great
But it's the ending that can save you and that's why we celebrate
It's about the cross
It's about my sin
It's about how Jesus came to be born once
So that we could be born again
It's about God's love
Nailed to a tree
It's about every drop of blood
That flowed from Him
When it should have been me
It's about the stone
That was rolled away
So that you and I could have real life someday
So that you and I could have real life someday
We enjoyed the rest of the day cooking and being with the girls and my brother’s family. The girls had not seen Ellie for about 2 weeks and were eager to hunt eggs with her (really for her). Unfortunately, the rain dictated that we do the egg hunt inside. Not as fun, but still sweet! Since the girls get plenty of candy and other goodies, we fill the eggs with $2 bills, dollar coins and loose change for them to hunt. They then “feed” their big belly banks and save! its a fun thing to do with our girls and now we get to do it with Ellie too! The girls found all Ellie’s eggs for her this year, but next year I am certain she will have her own to find and they will have more they need to share! We are so blessed to have family close by! When they left I told Jimmy how crushed I would be if Gabe, Kat and Ellie ever moved!
| Ellie loves! |
| They each adore their cousin! |
![]() |
| A little silliness.....the Easter Candy has kicked in! |
![]() |
| Can I get these? |
![]() |
| I love her expression! She really loved hunting the eggs! |
| I wonder who hid this egg? |
![]() |
| Counting it all up! |
| A family photo to finish off Easter! |
Monday Gracie was still out of school so I took most the day off to hang out. They did spend a bit of time in the morning at Jimmy’s office while I had a meeting I had to attend. But the afternoon was filled with playing and Mommy snuggles! The weather was so nice and we soaked in several bike rides, lots of bubbles and gymnastics in the grass.
![]() |
| This has been a great reminder to me. I have seen this on Pinterest and snagged it. A great reminder about priorities should be and how fast time passes! |
Maggie has started to say “do you understand me?” in quite the disrespectful tone and with attitude. We have been working on this and she has spend time extra time in reflection (quite time)!
She thinks she is quite funny! Her spunk has really been showing through for better or for worse. Such as when I had her on my shoulders as she was heading to bed and she said “Mommy, I am going to toot on you (followed by belly giggles)”. Mommy: “you better not silly girl” Maggie: “here I go (followed by a real toot) (followed by hysterical laughter)”. Where does she get this from? h! Her Daddy and the Martin side! It does make me laugh and reminds me often to enjoy the moment and while being so silly is not in my nature, I love it is party of Jimmy and balances me well.
The girls were both glad to go back to school and see their friends. Maggie Tuesday woke up stretching and said “I am ready to see Addison”. That makes this Mommy’s heart warm that she has such sweet friends and teachers!
We cherish Saturdays and some are busier than others. This was a busy one filled with wonderful friendships, gymnastics and sunshine! We enjoyed the youth pancake breakfast, gymnastics class, an art birthday party with neighbors and an evening outside playing! We are looking forward to today!
![]() |
| Logan, "little Maggie", Gracie and "big Maggie" at the pancake breakfast! Love these girls! |
![]() |
| Entertaining Mommy and the rest of the parents during Gracie's gymnastics class. |
![]() |
| Please make her stop growing up! Just kidding! We are loving this age, but she looks so grown up! |
![]() |
| Leaning to peddle on a real bike! She really likes the breaks! |














No comments:
Post a Comment