Saturday, October 26, 2013

Back to reality!



I won’t lie, I would live at the beach and pool if I could.   I dream of laying out in the sun for hours with a good book and listening to the girls play and explore their surroundings together.   But, that is not practical and I love practical.   I do dream of a day we can retire and own an ocean front piece of property, but then I think of the expense and insurance and decide to let someone else take that risk!  

Gracie was out of school Tuesday so the girls and I enjoyed a day home, while it was mostly spent regrouping (errands and laundry) from vacation, it was nice to be home.   

Jimmy worked on Gracie's bug project inside and I helped her on the  outside.  She decided to decorate her egg carton as a butterfly and did a fantastic job.   I resisted every opportunity to "share" with her an idea to make it look how I wanted it to.  She did great on the whole project.  

This week was a high stress week for me as I realized my many goals to get completed within the next week and was overwhelmed.  I have a wonderful husband who understands and jumps in to help.   While I worked through getting the girls wardrobes transitioned from summer to winter, Jimmy planned meals for the week, did the grocery shopping and helped prep and cook them!  I am blessed!   It also provided a good laugh by us both about the difference between goals and tasks to each of us.  For example:  meal planning and grocery shopping is a goal to me.  Its on my to do list, it takes time, and must be done.  However, for those same reasons Jimmy looks at that as a task.  A goal is something much more long term and worth celebrating when you reach it!   Ah, the beauty of a husband and wife that provide such a partnership to balance each other and still accept each other for how their approach to life is at times so much different than our own.  

One of Gracie’s favorite school activities was this week.  She participates in the elementary cheer camp and then Friday night cheered with the varsity cheerleaders during 1st quarter than at half time.  She has the time of her life out there and does some of the best toe touches.   It was a COLD night and down to mid 30‘s by the time we left but we all enjoyed watching her.  

Dressed for the game!

Maggie and Daddy snuggled inside the fine art building to get warm! 

Sweet girls.  We were trying to stay warm.  

They enjoyed making the tunnel for the players to run through.  They also made the sigh for the night with the names and handprints on it for the players to run through.  

Toe touch! 

Half time performance to "Old Time Rock and Roll"


We were excited to keep Ellie, our niece today.  She went to Addison’s birthday party with us and enjoyed crawling all over.  Addison is Maggie’s BFF at school and are often inseparable.  We even managed a quick fire night before we snuggled in for the night.   
Maggie, Gracie and Ellie. 

Ma-gg-ie Ma-rt-in (this is how this little bit spells her name for us). 

We love birthday parties for special people in our lives! 

Maggie and Addison.   After about 3/ 1/2 years (the time they have been in "school" together) I finally have a decent picture of them together!   Love these girls and their friendship.  

Silly Uncle Gabe!  We love you. 

Ellie riding the Plasma car with Gracie.  

Jackets, blankets and a start to a fire is proof that fall is here! 

Thank you Lord for a great weekend to accomplish “tasks” that needed to be done and to enjoy some quite moments with family.  




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment