Where do I begin for the week? This week there is no good title, but lots to share and recap.
1) The Net Church...5 years later! Sunday we celebrated with Ryan and Selina May the Net Church’s 5 year anniversary. What a blessing they are to us (and we wish they still lived just houses away) but also a blessing our small group is to us. It does not seem like 5 years have passed, but then when I realize that Gracie was just 3 and Maggie was not even born yet it puts time in perspective. My girls will be 8 and 5 this year! That seem unreal to me.
 |
| Sunday pic |
 |
| Sunday pic with baby Joy |
 |
| Ahh, a sweet sisters! |
 |
| Daddy's girl! |
 |
| Yes, they both are Daddy's girls! |
2) Long weekends and a Monday off... we went skating (well 3 of us) and Jimmy walked with Maggie so she could learn. We had so much fun. Gracie would stay on skates I think all the time if we would let her. Maggie was quite determined to learn and often pushed us away. She does not quite have it, but she is closer than I expected her to be.
 |
| Gracie LOVES skating |
 |
| Maggie working hard to learn to skate |
 |
| Love this sweet girl waiting to skate! |
3) Daddy snuggles and lots of sweet pics...the girls were really struggling with Jimmy being out out town again back to back (it is rare for either of us to travel this much and not back to back). So they wanted lots of Daddy snuggles over the weekend and pictures of them together so they had them while he was gone. Its been sweet! We were all ready to see Daddy on Friday.
 |
| Daddy snuggles |
 |
| Well, I let them fall asleep in our bed before I carried them up while Jimmy was out. This is why they can't sleep with us! |
 |
| I am not sure I will ever get tired of sleeping girl pictures! its always a quite them when I get snuggles, love on them and pray over them. |
 |
| and its a time I don't have to remind them to have kind words. The next morning they woke up and were so sweet snuggling each other. We do have good moments. |
4) “Kind words”. I am not sure why I feel like the past week or so I say this close to once every minute we are together as a family. Both the girls apparently have lost their mind and how to treat her sister! So, we are getting creative (the Whitmer parenting in me in coming out). We tried putting them in the same t-shirt when they are not kind, but that did not work due to the different heights. So, we moved onto they have to share the same hula hoop space for a bit when they can’t treat each other kindly. We will see how this works!
 |
| Hula day at school for Gracie |
 |
| Maggie was not happy about the camera one morning! |
 |
| Despicable Me day at school |
5) Saturday--sweet connections with those that cared for our babies! Ms. Carolyn and Ms. Dreama will always hold a special place in our hearts as they were the ones who cared for both our babies when I went back to work. They provided me all the updates on the girls days, they shared their “best practices” as we learned how to be the best parents we could be, they encouraged us through the tough sleepless nights, and most of all loved the girls as much as much as we do! (they would tell you they love them more...that tells you how much they adores our girls). They are no doubt a piece to the puzzle that helped us survive the first year of parenthood! We were able to connect and have them over for lunch today. It was wonderful to hug them and spend the time together. I pray we are alway able to stay connected!
 |
| Ms. Carolyn and Ms. Dreama with Gracie, Maggie and Addison! |
 |
| The Mama's had to get a picture with them too! We are so blessed by Addison's friendship with Maggie but also our friendship with her parents! |
No comments:
Post a Comment