Saturday, January 4, 2014

Welcome 2014!

We are not big “Happy New Year” people and I don’t really know why.  I never (rarely) am up to even think about seeing the ball drop and not really big on new years resolutions, but I do love thinking about what the year will bring and then looking back at how we grew as individuals, a couple and a family.   Let the year begin!  

We enjoyed a great end to 2013 with some sweet friends who have two boys around our girls ages.  We ate, kids played and watched movies and the adults enjoyed an hour or so of visiting and games too!   

Maggie loves her sleeping cap (just like on Little House) 

Fast asleep! 

One of our favorite things in 2014 by far is the new Disney movie, Frozen!  The girls LOVE it.  They have now seen it 3 times and can sing every song on the soundtrack!   I love it as much as they do, however I think their Daddy is ready for a new interest! ha! 

a little popcorn as we watch Frozen! 

Frozen captured Maggie's attention for sure! 

Papa came New Years Day and then kept the kids Thursday and Friday which allowed us to work and not burn vacation days so quickly in 2014.   The girls enjoyed every minute from playing tea, breakfast and lunch out, bowling and some sweet snuggles.   I do think the break has gotten to them as they are tired and acting out a bit which by Friday night had caused them to loose their iPads for the evening for poor behavior.   

Ahh, Maggie!   

Last snuggles before Papa left!  

Maggie would not sit still for a snuggle but sure did enjoy teasing him! 
We have introduced the girls to some fun “new” shows including The Cosby Show and Andy Griffith Show.  Gracie really loves them and Maggie eventually get into it too.   Its fun having some good new wholesome shoes to watch now that we are almost done with Little House.  

We had a birthday party for one of our friends girls and then wrapped up the night with my Brother, SIL and Ellie!  It was a great week. 
Gracie stretching!  She has missed her gymnastics class as we took a break for December/ January, but are ready to start back. 

Gracie and Lily!

Maggie was all over the gym and trying to sneak in front of the lines to jump! 

I had to document this….this is how the entire house has felt all break.  I think the girls are as tired of picking up as we are.   

Our sweet visitor tonight!   Love you Ellie! 

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment