Saturday, May 10, 2014

ELP Week!

Girls, we are so excited your Daddy has been recognized as an “emerging leader” and able to participate in this program through the bank.   While he was very excited a week away was hard on him and we missed him terribly.    It was also following our weekend in Atlanta which really made it hard on all of us!   We just love him to pieces!   

We had a great day Sunday together before he left then we went out to dinner, played in the playroom and Gracie you did a puzzle almost all by yourself.   I told your Daddy that I had to laugh as you are so much like me, when we could not find a piece you proclaimed “they always leave some out!”.  Ha..   I always say that or say they give us to many!   


When did she grow up and start being able to help around the house like this? 
She was working so hard. 

Maggie watched and played while Gracie and I worked on it.  Gracie will tell you she did all of it!   

Quite proud of herself! 

Gracie struggles when either of us are out of routine, but more so her Daddy!  She loves her night time snuggles and Daddy tickles / massages she gets as she falls fast asleep.  Maggie goes with the flow, but certainly does miss her Daddy time too!  

We had swim lessons for Gracie Monday night, so Maggie convinced me she would just wear her suit to put her feet in!  

So spunky you can see it in her eyes! 

Almost ready for swim team! 

It was a rare week I had to travel as well with a required training in Nashville so Papa was able to come up and get the girls from school Tuesday and Wednesday.   We are so thankful he is retired and can do this.  We do our best to not travel at the same time but there are rare occasions that we don’t have that control.   

Its swim team time.  We did Gracie’s final registration for summer swim team.  We are excited for her and she is excited and anxious not knowing what to expect.  But she will do great and truly loves being in the water.   

My post off of Facebook Thursday morning after I got home Blessings! Even through terrible days God provides us blessings and consistent tangible pictures painted for us of Him. I could choose to dwell on the weeks challenges but rather will choose to reflect on His goodness. I must. 

With a travel schedule this week Jimmy and I both had to be out if town. We are so blessed by family to help. Thank you Pops for coming up. The girls had a great time and got extra loves from you. I loved hearing Maggie call for "Papa snuggles" at 4am! You are loved! 

Coming home earlier than expected last night gave me extra snuggles with the girls and a sweet Gracie snuggled up in my bed (not sure when that happened) when I woke up.”

We were eager to welcome Daddy home Friday night.   Ms. Tiffany kept the girls so I could meet several friends for a Mommy night out before Jimmy got in late, but I left work late and traffic was terrible so instead I did some errands and shopping.  I think it was some needed time to think after a long week at work.   I had to deliver some touch messages that teammates will be personally impacted by further centralization and that not only leaves those teammates with lots to process and decisions but also creates anxiety for the rest of the team.  It was rough!  
After the girls were in bed we had to quickly check work email to see if there was any update on Pre K at CCS!  Praise God there was.  Their will be a formal Pre K program this fall that is 5 days a week with aftercare.     Before we leave for the beach there is a parent meeting and then registration.   We are praying that Maggie will be accepted into the program!  

We had a great Saturday with friends at the youth pancake breakfast then a fun day just together!   


Love these silly girls!  This mama is learning to roll with the silly and not be quite as serious too!   They are good medicine these days for me! 

Maggie and Gannon after breakfast!   I am so glad our girls get to grow up with the friends we have been blessed with! 

This made me laugh!   

As we left it was raining…but nothing better watching our girls walk out with their friends! 

From the past week:  a few weeks ago we had a tornado warning at about 10:30 after the girls were fast asleep.  We had to bring them down to the half bath for about 45 minutes.  We are getting very good at this the past few years!  
A late night selfie together to occupy the time.  

Gracie has learned to adapt well to this by playing games and listening to music.  





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment