Sunday, August 31, 2014

CCS Spirt Wear, Gracie’s Eyes and DollyWood!



Sunday Pic with the bright purple blooms.  I love the bright colors of these tress down south! 

Sweet sisters! 

Sunday pic! 


This week the girls both sported their spirt attire to school.  Maggie is really enjoying being able to wear her “Charger” T-shirts and quite upset that she does not have as many as Gracie does!   

Maggie insisted on her Charger shirt! 

Gracie frequently wears her athletic shorts and some school spirt shirt! 

Daddy and his youngest daughter!  I love this! 

Maggie writes her name backwards right now and while I know its not correct (and we are working with her on it) I think its sweet! 

Maggie and Addison working on letters with one of the high school aids.   We are so impressed with her new PreK and the love of her teachers. 

Maggie at school talking with Mrs. Davenport!   She looks like she is up to something….

Gracie sine school started has been struggling a little.   While she is the youngest in her class we always expect a slow start, however this slow start was also combined with headaches almost every afternoon.   She was able to do her math flashcards and do 28 to 33 in a minutes (the goal is 30), however when she was tested on paper each week she was getting about 9.  It was so frustrating to us as patents to know she worked hard and knew the material but it was not showing on paper.   We decided it was time to have her eyes tested again.   I had her tested 2 years ago to ensure we had a base line so when I called Dr. Miller’s office to explain what we were facing they quickly got her in on Friday.   We are so thankful they could.  I wish I could have videoed her expressions when they put her prescription on and asked her to read several times she was struggling with before.  She lit up and said “that is much more clear”.   So she has 20/40 vision without correction and with its perfect.    She was eager to get her glasses and begin to wear them    Dr. Miller was so sweet and spent so much time talking to Gracie about her eyes, what to expect and when to tell Mommy and Daddy to bring her back.   Due to my poor eyes, I am very particular about who I will see and have been so pleased with Dr. Miller over the past 10 or so years and know he treats the girls wonderful too!    Now Maggie is quite insistent she needs glasses!  I have her initially appointment scheduled with Gracie’s follow up next year. 

Wow!  She can now see clearly, looks even older and get told more that she looks like her mama!  


We love long weekends!  We enjoyed DollyWood with some friends for the day.  It was so much more fun than I had expected. I had to laugh at Gracie’s response when we told her we were going earlier in the week “Finally, all my friends at school have been”.    One thing is for sure..we have two girls that love a trill!   Maggie was not quite tall enough to ride some of the rides, but those she could she loved.  We are ready for them to both be tall enough to hit Cedar Point in Ohio!  

Riding in back of the Tahoe headed to DollyWood. 
Ready for some rides...

Anderson, Gracie, Maggie and Keaton! 

Front car…they loved it! 

Daddy and Maggie on the Elephants!   

Smiles! 

Gracie was hot, tired and hungry….a bad combination for someone who is half Whitmer!  We quickly went to find lunch! 

These too rode about everything together!  They are so sweet! 

To prove how much I love my children …I rode on a water ride with them!   These were two happy kids (we had the older two and Jonathan and Nicole had the younger two)
Maggie was not tall enough for one ride so Ms. Nicole got her cotton candy!  She was happy then! 

We had a great day together!   Until next time…..
So tired! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment