Sunday, September 7, 2014

Lows and Highs!


I struggled with how to summarize this week for the post title.  Its been a long week but in the end a very good week.   God is good all the time! 

Sunday started out great with Church, lunch and some naps / quite time then it turned quickly as Jimmy was not feeling well due to the kidney stone he has.   I gave him time at home and took he girls out to the mall to rest.  I knew when we got home and he was in the shower that was not a good sign.   Hot showers always help him feel better.    We decided he needed to go to the ER so  I called a wonderful neighbor who the kids love to play with.  She was more than willing to keep them and even offered for them to spend the night (which I was hoping was not needed but in the end was).  After some great drugs, a CT scan that showed the stone was larger and trying to move they discharged us at 10:30pm to get drugs filled and follow u with the Urologist on Tuesday.   Jimmy was not happy!   But it forced an even more low key Monday than planned and gave me the opportunity to take care of Jimmy and spend Mommy Daughter time together.   Normally the girls would have been excited about this, however they were very worried about their Daddy.   Gracie wanted to get him flowers so we did.  Maggie asked when I was explaining that Daddy just needs to sit and rest asked if they gave him “Hoppers” at the RE (yes, she says RE).   It took me a minute to figure out what she meant, but I did.   she said “you know when something is wrong with your legs”.  Ahhhh....crutches!   I love how their minds process things. 

Sunday pic

Love these two girls more than they will eve fully understand (until they have their own babies). 

Sunday Pic
Thursday Jimmy had the outpatient procedure to blast the kidney stone but it did not work fully so back to the ER Thursday night.  This time they admitted him.  We thought he may have had to be transported via ambulance for a room, but they were able to keep him at Erlanger East.     

The girls snuggled up with their Daddy in bed and they all fell asleep.  They both have asked for Daddy to be "normal" so they can get their Daddy time!   They are true Daddy's girls.
Jimmy’s mom was a huge blessing and came in Friday morning to help juggle Jimmy and the girls and give Leah and I some time together too.   There is always something about a mama that makes it all better!  And a good home cooked meal (or two) to finish off the weekend.  Thank you so much Lynn for coming (and Pops for giving her up for a few days).  

Ellie, Katelyn and Gabe stopped by when Jimmy got home from the hospital to visit.   It was fun to listen to all three girls giggle as they played.  Ellie and Maggie enjoyed the water a little too! 
One of my dearest friends was in town Thursday afternoon through the weekend for a get away.    We have been friends through High School when we worked at the Christian bookstore together, through college, weddings, miscarriages, babies (5 total and her 4th due in just 7 weeks!).    God is so good to give us friendships at different points in life, some that are just for that time and others that become truly connected forever!    Leah is one of those forever friends!   While it was a little different than planned with Jimmy recovering, we had a wonderful time.   It was fun to talk, shop and of course get pedis, shop and just be together.  I alway wish we were in the same city, but that is not where God has called us to be.  So I am blessed that the time we do have it special and we can encourage each other.    Already looking forward to the next time we get this opportunity.   

Only pic with a busy weekend but always thankful for any moment with this lady!

I had to smile after I got home from taking Leah to the shuttle for the airport.  This was the Diet Coke I pulled out!  What a great summary to the weekend! 
The girls did great this week managing the change in routine with Jimmy needing to rest.  They had wonderful week at school and we are beginning to see Gracie become more and more comfortable with her glasses.   

Maggie lost her first tooth this week!  It has been loose for two weeks or so, so one day when we picked her up from school her teacher had pulled it.  She was so excited to show of her hole now in her mouth.   She is such a big girl!   


First tooth lost! 

Tooth Fairy came!   Maggie was so excited in the morning to find it. 

One tired girl!

Maggie has started to write her name left to right, but now does not complete her "e" :)   I  love her little drawing.  This is how she draws everyone. 






post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment