Sunday, September 18, 2016

Big Anniversaries and our littlest Birthday weekend!


This week I was recognized at SunTrust for 15 years of service (I started the Tuesday after Labor Day  in 2001 just days before 9/11!).  

15 years at SunTrust!  Praying for the guidance to make 15 more!
A special day for Jimmy and I in my memory is our first date that was really not suppose to be a date!  He remembers the date and we both recall the hours of conversation.   Often Jimmy sends me flowers to remember and I still have to read the card to know why they are arriving!   It is fun to recall when it all started and as I tell everyone the power of praying parents over the lives of their children!   God is so good in how he has orchestrated our lives together, not perfect lives but lives that go through the highs and lows together!  I love you boney!

16 years ago we were on our first "date".  Now in December we will celebrate 15 years of marriage!  
This year we decided rather than partiers we would do weekends away and focus on time as a family. This was a big change for me as I have loved the parties, not the parties that one up the other but where we have family and friends gathered to celebrate with us and pour into the birthday girl.  But this year has marked a change.  We celebrated Gracie's in Nashville as she wanted her ears pierced.   Maggie requested the Wilderness Lodge water park.    What a fun weekend!  And after the crazy work and school week it was a needed get away!

We were in the PM Peds due to a cough every minute the night before we were to leave for the weekend trip.  Thank God for guidance of the doctor with a breathing treatment, steroid and then follow up treatment.  She is on the mend. 

Ready for the weekend trip! 

The birthday girl! 





A few hours of play before bed! 




because we are Martins... of course we did the arcade before we went to dinner! 

Apple Barn for dinner with Apple fritters before dinner!  Yummy! 



We loved the lazy river! 



Happy girls on the family ride!  They loved to go backwards! 







When you are in a hotel your options are limited.  Mommy packed Little Debbie cakes and a candle!  

We love you Maggie!  7 years already?   

Sisters! 

Silly with Mommy! 

Tired girl on the way home!  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment