Sunday, September 11, 2016

Lessons in Life

I am reminded this week how many lessons are available in every day moments as our kids are growing.   This week was one of those weeks!  Gracie had a Bible test on Friday and knew about it all week but kept waiting for her study sheet to be completed for her in class before she even started to study.   Thursday night when it was complete she was upset that it was her teachers fault that they did not have more time!     Wrong thing to say to her parents who are her biggest advocate, but are also the teachers who we have respect and have entrusted to partner in her life.  So before we actually studied for the test we discussed her responsibility to using the worksheets she already had through the week, that is is never the teachers responsibility to hand feed every question and answer (and in fact in middle school rarely do they do that), and she was still going to need to focus and do her very best!   I am certain she will think before she tries to blame her teacher for not being ready for a test.   She did study hard that night with her Daddy (who is the best at helping the girls study and remember concepts) and she pulled out a 100%!   That grade came with a lot of hard work in a short period of time but she did it!

Maggie has been working hard on her math facts, reading, and sight words that she not only needs to be able to recognize but also spell.  We are learning with her how far to push and her time limit concentration at this age.

The week was full of life and working to embrace those moments.    The past months as I think about our life and the decisions we make at home, careers, etc I can get overwhelmed.   God has put us in a season where he continues to very clearly say to my heart time and time again "I have put you where you are for a reason and given you pieces of why (a teammate who worked for me for years decided to move his family to Germany to be missionaries and shared how critical I was to that process for him).    It maybe a season it maybe a lifetime, but where I have called you I will fill the gap with your daughters.  Ultimately their reliance should be on me and that is your job to continue to point them to me!".    What a humbling reminder that it is not about us but always about Him!


A few pics from the week. 

Maggie, Gracie, Logan and Maggie before church.  

Baking cookies!  

A fun cook out with Silas snuggles (and our favorite worship leader Bobby). 

Walk in the park with Bella 

My favorite people! 

Someone had a full week!

Her foot is okay. We had X-rays done and just bruised.  

Gracie stayed with us Saturday night while Maggie stayed with Ellie.  She was quite snuggled. 

Sweetness! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment