Before I fully document our trip, I should document Maggie's perspective. Which basically was "Good, I get Daddy to myself and we can eat out every night". Ahh, that girl! She makes me laugh.
It was sweet that Gracie wanted me on the trip and that Stacy, Lucy's mama, went as well. We had so much fun. We packed 3 full rainy days of Atlanta in with sweet moments, time with friends some of who will be going to different schools and others will be moving up to middle school at CCS, and time with teachers that have loved and prayed over our kiddos with us.
 |
| Ready for the trip! |
 |
| I began to understand the key 5th grade themes.... Converse....especially black |
 |
| I am so proud of this girl! We had fun giggling together. |
 |
| This mama! Stacy has been a true gift to me as we embrace middle school. |
 |
| did I mention black Converse? |
 |
| Tellus Museum |
 |
| Jilly and Gracie as sweet friends. |
 |
| When you are on a bus and tied you find a way to get comfortable to sleep. |
 |
| Sugar rush coming!! |
 |
| We embraced the Atlanta Zoo in the rain and has fun! (Lucy, Gracie and Ally) |
 |
| O yes... the other 5th grade crazy...slime! This is one of my favorite pics of Gracie as her expression is pure joy! |
 |
| Games before bed! |
 |
| Day 2: CNN Center |
 |
| Cheers.... World of Coke |
 |
| Atlanta Aquarium.... we enjoyed the "ride" through it. |
 |
| Of course dinner at the Varsity! |
 |
| Day 2 had such a sweet ending. The teachers lead devotion with a discussion around middle school.. Several of the parents prayed over the various comments of middle school (friendships, sports, anxious thoughts, etc). I was afraid if I prayed I would not make it through without crying. Gracie just smiled. We are forever blessed for these teachers that have partnered with us to have such an impact on Gracie. We are covering her and all the CCS rising 6th grade class with prayers as we embrace this next milestone. |
 |
| Fern bank play area |
 |
| Day 3 wrap up: Stone Mountain |
 |
| Its yours! Time and time again the ability to pause and soak up creation and be reminded that all that was created and yet we were created in His image! You are and will be a world changer Gracie! I am excited to see how God uses you this coming year and in the future for His glory. |
 |
| Anxious look.... we were taking the tram down the mountain as they rushed us off the top due to a lightening storm that was moving in. Gracie was not sure what to think. |
 |
| next stop .... Chattanooga. |
Back home Maggie was enjoying time with Daddy, Grammy and Papa. They took her to breakfast before school on Wednesday.
 |
| Grammy time! (and Papa too) |
 |
| snuggled in bed with Mama and Daddy due to leg pains! She looks so peaceful at this point. |
No comments:
Post a Comment