Sunday, May 14, 2017

Mother's Day 2017

As we wrap up school the girls have had some fun activities at school and we have been pushing hard at work and home to get ready for summer and vacation that is fast approaching.

Grammy and Papa were in town for bit this week so we tested out the tanning shelf in the pool.   Grammy I think even likes it.  

Gracie has ocean day!  They had to dissect a squid!  She was not a fan. 

She is wearing her sunglasses like her mama! 

Friday I had the privlage to attend a spa function with Tag.  He is precious.   I am so thankful that I get to represent his mama and yet makes me sad in so many ways.  We pray that God continues to surround his little guy and his daddy with so much grace and so many people who love them beyond measure.   


Porch Saturday snuggles.  I love to start my weekend this way. (and sharing my coffee of course!) 


Saturdays are for swimming and family!  Uncle Gabe, Aunt Katelyn, Ellie and Silas came over after picking strawberries.

This little man has stolen our hearts!   

and so has this girl!  Her cousins love her! 




Gracie getting some Silas time. 


These girls love to play with their Daddy! 

Ellie's expressions are priceless! 

Uncle Gabe was throwing the girls into the pool. 

Oops...maybe too much speed!  

Gracie was excited to have her pjs on and snuggle with Silas. 

Happy Mother's Day to me!  I was celebrated all weekend and it was perfect.  All I wanted was to spend time together and by the pool with Strawberry shortcake for dinner.  I got that and so much more.  I am forever grateful for their Daddy's balance, leadership and fun in our home  that helps me to be the best Mommy!   I am blessed by these girls each day and each have different strengths and personalities.  I am so eager to see how God will use them in the big and small as they continue to grow.

Funny conversations:
-- As Gracie is growing up we have more grown up conversations.   She was talking with her Daddy this week about credit cards and debit cards.  She asked when she would get her own credit card.  ahh, she does not know her parents very weak.   These questions provide such great lessons built into life.
--I was telling Maggie how a little girl in Kindergarten reminded me of her.  When I told her who it was she responded "but Mommy, I am not brown".    She makes me laugh!  By the end of summer she will be!
--Gracie as we were talking abut her getting an assignment done, she said "it sure is nice to have that off my to do list".   Funny.  She completed it Saturday night and its not due until Thursday.
--Gracie was working on an assignment and Jimmy made a recommendation that may help.  She liked the idea and then said "Dad you really are smart".


My loves!    They are not babies any longer and while I miss those days, I am loving the stage of life they are in.   

I joke Maggie either keeps me young or ages me!  Really she brings lots of spunk and laughter.  

Middle school is so close and yet she will always be my baby!  

The girls insisted I get one with our fur baby! 

I love this man!    Jimmy you are my rock! 


Yes, we all wear our sunglasses on our head! 


Gracie and Maggie (aka Big Maggie since we have Little Maggie) 

"little" Maggie and Logan 

A new float!

I think we like it! 



O yes! Strawberry shortcake! 

yummy! 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment