Wednesday, September 11, 2019

40th Birthday Reflections

Turning 40 was not nearly as impactful for me as 30, but I would be lying if I did not say it did make me pause.  Turning 30 was a big deal for me.   We were having our last baby and knew our family was complete.   I was no longer viewed as "young" at work and had settled into my career.  Now.a decade later we have a 13 year old and a soon to be 10 year old.    We are settled into our family routine and the life we have created.   And a decade later SunTrust is in the middle of a big merger with BB&T which will make the combined bank one of the top 10 banks in the country.  

This year I focused on my own health and fitness (working out daily, improving the food I eat, and about a gallon of water a day).    With the support and encouragement of Jimmy I focused on my career by preparing for the role I wanted and marketing myself.   I have never had to do this in my 18 year career.   It was challenging and rewarding.    I hired a resume coach and did formal headshots.   If nothing else it helped me control what I could control.

I am excited about the next decade for our family, each individually, and our careers.  




I celebrated my 40th birthday at a work Braves game.  Coming back to the office the next day, my office of course was decorated.  And then over the weekend we celebrated with the family and my favorite Bread Basket cake!

Game night 





this lady has showed up to every milestone birthday I have had at the office.   

Favorite cake!   If I am going to splurge.. this is what I want! 


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment