Kids (at least mine) are so good at holding me accountable for my priorities, which should never be a bad thing. When I got back from Nashville Tuesday, dinner was done and the girls headed out to play My full intention was to finish reading the mail (I know, that could wait) and watch them play. What they really needed was Mommy to play and interact, not just watch. Gracie came up to me in such a sweet way and said “Mommy, we are more important than that!”. She was right. I put it down and enjoyed the evening playing. Our favorite....a family game of tag!
 |
Gracie Bug!
|
 |
| Maggie Doodle! |
 |
| Silly faces! I love these girls! |
 |
| Bubbles after school. Gracie made her own bubble solution. |
Field Day! This was my first Field Day as last year Jimmy attended (we try to rotate events like this so we both can be involved). As always it was fun to watch Gracie interact with her friends. It was quite an impressive morning with 4 “countries” competing in three legged race, bag race, short and long distance running, and ending with tug of war! My girls was worn out, but managed to enjoy lunch with her friend Grace as they put down several slices of Lupis pizza!
 |
| BFF--Ready for their 1st grade field day...on separate teams! |
 |
| Break time with the competition! |
 |
| Ready to march in the opening ceremonies! |
 |
| I adore that Gracie and Kenzie are so close and often always together, however I love to see Gracie with other classmates and developing those friendships too! |
 |
| 3 legged race....love that smile |
 |
| Sack race and loving every minute! I pray she never looses that smile and love for life! |
 |
| Mommy time before the last event! |
 |
| Tug of War.......They were trying to hard! |
Jimmy surprised me Thursday night...Ms. Tiffany was coming over the next night and we were going out to dinner with our small group. I was thrilled and the girls were too. It had been too long since we had been out. We enjoyed an evening together and with friends. The quite moments in the car and when the girls are down sharing. I have been prayerful more and more that the girls would have a confidence to be consistently who they are, to not waiver based on friends, surroundings, or pressure to be someone different.
Maggie....I can’t forget to document a few things about Mss Mags!
- her favorite thing to say is “we don’t like Orange right? Its Tennessee!”. Ah, we have taught her early that the University of Tennessee football is not a favorite in our house. By the way, it should be noted that this is not an opinion shared by many.
- Maggie has spent quite a bit of time in time out this week for being disobedient and whining. She is great at fake tears for the full 4 minutes until the timer goes off, then quickly pops down to answer the question, “we love you, but your behavior was not acceptable. Why did you go to time out?”. Usually she answers correctly and is ready to play.
- Maggie was playing a “game” of 20 questions with Jimmy and finally he turned the tables on her and started with “why are you a girl?”. With the biggest smile and with a great understanding she responded “that is who God made me!”.
After much debate due to weather and the projected 4inches of rain that were expected this weekend in Chattanooga and everywhere near, we still decided to take the girls to Birmingham for the weekend. Up until Saturday morning we were going to do all indoor activities, however the change of rain went from 90% to 40% for the day and we decided to hit the zoo with sweet friends of ours who have two boys. We had a perfect day laughing and watching our kids soak in the environment around them. They were so tired, but we managed to grab dinner at a great mexican restaurant, Chuys that we do not have in Chattanooga. The plan was to go back to the hotel and swim, but we were all too tired! Swimming would have to wait until the morning!
 |
| Family picture! It started out cold, however by the end it was a pretty blue sunny sky! |
 |
| Anderson, Gracie, Keaton, and Maggie. Can you tell who was not into having a picture? |
 |
| Silly girl! |
 |
| The $16 camel ride, however the girls loved it. I wanted them to do it since I fondly remember riding the camel at the Toledo Zoo growing up. However, I am almost certain it was not $5.50 per person! However, the one thing Maggie said she was going to tell her class about Monday! |
No comments:
Post a Comment