This day/ weekend was fantastic. Jimmy was so sweet and suggested we do a nice breakfast out before church, but I took a rain check to get more snuggles at home and a more relaxing morning. I received the sweetest artwork for my office. It was the girls handprints as tulip flowers which they both know are my favorite. They had worked on this the week before when I was in Nashville and I was so surprised. It was a wonderful addition to my office!
 |
| Sunday Picture! Mother's Day |
 |
| Sunday Picture! Mother's Day |
 |
| Mommy with my girls |
 |
| Mommy and Gracie |
 |
| Maggie and Mommy |
 |
| We are loving the blooms this time of year. |
 |
| Contagious smile! |
Maggie said as I was putting her down for nap “Mommy, you have not always been my Mommy” Puzzled I told her of course I had always been her Mommy. She smiled and said “not when you were in your wedding”. Right, of course I was not her Mommy then as she was only a prayer in our hearts years down the road, but how blessed we are by both our daughters.
 |
| Sweet girl. |
 |
| Gracie learning to ride without training wheels....we are still working on it. |
This was Jimmy’s week to travel, to Nashville of all places. The girls were quite excited, not because they don’t love their Daddy because they love him to pieces, but because that means “girl night”. It means we grab dinner out and lots of giggles in bed before Maggie goes to her bed and Gracie usually sleeps with me. Maggie proudly told Ms. Karen at CCS when we were picking up Gracie, “its Girl night”! I love they get excited about being together and pray that always remains. Someday soon I think Maggie maybe able to sleep with us too, but that may mean I end up on the couch as she is a wild sleeper!
Gracie made some comment about someone calling her “small” at school and it bothered her. We talked about how God makes us all different and small is not bad, its just who she is! I told her about this shirt I saw online somewhere and how fitting it was! We both laughed about it. It is wonderful having so many different sizes in our family. Gracie quickly talked about how Uncle Gabe is taller than Gjysh and how Ally is taller than she is. She is getting it and that makes this Mommy feel good!
 |
| LOVE THIS SHIRT |
 |
| Sweet sisters! |
 |
| One thing is sure...she is growing up! |
 |
| Almost a 2nd Grader! |
 |
| Sporting Aunt Katelyn's sunglasses! |
I know people, girls especially, struggle with how they look to others. My prayer is that we can create an environment where they are loved and validated not for looks but who they are AND they know they are beautiful as they were created inside and out! Their worth is not in how they look but yet they are stunning in our eyes and that creates a sense of confidence and value they know to their core.
Maggie funny things:
Maggie when she eats all her meal (clean plate) or empties her cup of milk or water says “I have a happy plate/ cup”. This must be a school thing, but it was quite funny the first few times she said it.
I have had a fever blister the past week (no doubt due to stress). It has not gotten as bad as it has in the past, but it has seemed to last longer. The girls have really struggled with this to my surprise. They know this means no sharing my drinks or food (which I really try to always share as it is just food and growing up for some reason sharing food was not what we did growing up) and more upsetting to all of us no kisses! The girls every morning and evening have asked when they will get a kiss. We do air kisses, cheek kisses, and many other creative ways to say I love you but the kiss is a big deal to my little girls (and to Jimmy too). Maggie’s Mother’s Day drawing at school says “I love my Mommy because...” and the kids filled in why. I always love to see what the kids put. Maggie was so sweet and said “she gives me kisses”. This must have been before my fever blister!
This was Gracie’s last full week of school! Onto 2nd Grade in less than one week. Gracie is excited for gymnastics camp to start, however has decided to take a break this summer from her Saturday gymnastics class since she will be doing it all week long the entire summer. We were okay with this and are also going to give Maggie a break. This should also allow us more time at the pool and to travel without being tired to classes on Saturday mornings.
 |
| Trying to entertain a 3 year old while Gracie has gymnastics |
 |
| Silly! |
 |
| Doing gymnastics at home today! |
No comments:
Post a Comment