Saturday, April 19, 2014

Easter Egg Hunt

Sunday was Gracie’s official birthday, but she decided she did not want us to wake her up at 11:01pm to sing!  We enjoyed a fun breakfast with Grammy and Papa at Cracker Barrel before they left for home, the girls and I headed to church and Jimmy headed to the MinuteClinic!   Turns out Jimmy had a double ear infection and a sever sinus infection.    He was miserable.   But we are thankful by the end of the week he was well and able to enjoy Easter!

8th Birthday! 

our "baby" at 4 1/2! 

I love my family! 

Grammy and Papa enjoyed Sunday morning with us before leaving! 

So…I don't know that I have ever shared that Grammy and Papa ALWAYS bring donuts (powdered donuts that is always a guaranty).   
Gabe, Katelyn and Ellie came over Sunday to visit and to give Gracie her birthday gift…..a new tradition, she now has her own Pandora bracelet with a ladybug bead.  She was tickled to have something just like Mommy and how special from them!  

Sunday was not one of my finest moments as a wife or mommy.   I hit a mini panic attach (some would say no, but Jimmy would agree that is the case). While these don’t happen often, when I get stressed with my to do list I have trouble focusing and prioritizing.   This made the entire family on edge.  Jimmy asked me to make a list so we could accomplish it together and as I was doing so I could already tell my mind had my list much larger than it really was!   Praise God for some quite moments to refocus and a husband that balances me more than I ever imagined even when he is not feeling well.    I also had to apologize to Gracie as I had told her we could try to run that afternoon but when things needed to get done I pushed that aside.   She was very forgiving and it was a good lesson for her to know even parents make mistakes!   

Papa came in to keep the girls Thursday and Friday since they were out of school.    They had a great time.  They enjoyed all the special time with him.   

I had a business lunch this week just making connections in the community.  It was fun to share what I like about my current role, but even more exciting was to hear one of them say, “its very clear you have a strong skill set but even more clear is how passionate you are about your family and your role today”.  WOW.  I was glad that after 2 hours that showed through!   While right now this is not where I believe I should be, we do have some decisions to pray about related to my career.  

Saturday I was able to get away for a haircut and highlight.  I feel much better now!  It was getting too long, too dark and at the same time too much grey!   We enjoyed the day outside and hosted a church Easter egg hunt at our house.  Anyone who knows me well knows Easter is my favorite.   I love spring, the egg hunts, the dresses and all those fun things, but nothing compares to the day being the fundamental basis for the Christian life….the resurrection!   
We love to dye eggs, although I do get anxious about the dye spilling   

Proud of their creations.   Good thing we love to eat hard boiled eggs!  

Grace took quickly to the bunny! 

Maggie was not so sure about the bunny! 

Love these sweet girls together.   So blessed we get to do life with them and their parents.  

The oldest ladies! 

Now that is a lot of kids! 

Jimmy as always humors me and mows the yard to have circle patched to hide the eggs.  

Ready to find her eggs! 

and off she goes! 

Family pic! 

We sure miss the May's being in the neighborhood, but sure thankful for their leadership with the church and even more their consistent friendship! 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment