Sunday, April 27, 2014

Daddy Daughter Dance 2014

Saturday night was the Daddy Daughter Dance at CCS.   Gracie as well as Jimmy look forward to this night all year.  Maggie is anticipating the day she can attend!   They planned their outfits (Jimmy always matches his tie to Gracie's dress), dinner with several of Gracie's friends and their dads (this year dinner was at 1885), the dance of course (although Jimmy did text message that he was not sure Gracie or her friends wanted anything to do with their dads, I assumed him she loved him) and then dessert at Milk and Honey with friends before falling asleep on the way home.
Daddy Daughter Dance!    She looks so stunning!   

Daddy and his oldest daughter!   They adores each other and I am so thankful for their relationship.  She is learning how she should be treated by a young man and setting her expectations hight!  

So sweet!  

Love them! 



They are off for the night!  
Lucy, Gracie and Kenzie at 1885 for a pre dane dinner.    I pray these girls grow in their friendships as they go through school and always are each others biggest cheerleaders!  

She looks so grown up.   
For the yearbook!   
Maggie enjoyed a night out with Mommy for dinner, jumping on the trampoline at the mall, buying a gold necklace to go with Maggie's cross that Grammy and Papa gave her when she was born, and a little shopping before bedtime snuggles in Mommy and Daddy's bed!  
She is wearing her necklace! 

Ready to jump! She goes soooo high and loves it! She will be my roller coaster girl. 

Dinner together!  She was quite shy and snuggly.
Maggie this week was my reminder about how God works.     As we were putting her necklace on I think Maggie said about 20 times "Grammy and Papa got me this cross so I remember Jesus died on it for me".  Yes Maggie, what a great reminder to all of us.   I want a cross necklace just like the girls as a constant reminder too and a reminder of my own daughters sweet child faith!

We have a BIG prayer request.   Friday we received an email that CCS is considering a Pre K program for this fall.    That is perfect timing to a prayer we have had for the past 3 years that by the time Maggie needed to be in Pre K CCS would have the program!  A little reflection to several years back when I was stressed, worries and began to research every Pre K program in the city as I was concerned about her being in the same classroom at First Centenary for 2 years straight.  At the end of the day we had a peace about her staying…unless CCS started a program.   I had to laugh at how God works and how my concerns were heard AND how God must have laughed and said "I got this just wait".




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment