We have a fun weekend planned for Gracie’s 8th birthday. She celebrated it at school on Friday with cookies and Ms. Henry dressed up as a bunny (her teacher dresses up as a new character for each student’s birthday). Grammy and Papa came in Friday night to spend the weekend so we played hard. Saturday we enjoyed rollin;! She had been talking about a roller skating party since December when she got roller skates from Aunt Tammy and her family for Christmas.
 |
| These two….I am convinced that Maggie is just like Papa was as a child! |
So roller skating is what we did. We had a great time celebrating with family and friends. I know I say this every year but I love the opportunity to celebrate the life of our daughters. Its not about how big the party is, the favors, or the gifts but its about the people who have walked this journey with us and been apart of the year and have been special to us. There is something bitter sweet about watching Gracie out on the floor skating with her friends. I am so glad she has some wonderful young ladies to grow and experience life with but can’t believe we are close to closing the book on 2nd Grade and 8 years ago we were holding her in our arms for the first time. Never would i have understood how much love, how much sacrifice, how hard and yet rewarding being her Mommy is! We don’t don’t get it right all the time but there are moments Jimmy and I look at each other with smiles and a look that says “we are doing this parenting thing well!”.
 |
| Sisters ready to roll! |
 |
| Gracie, Hellen Grace and Kenzie (sweet friends from school) |
 |
| Ellie enjoyed watching and Gracie took a break from skating to love on her. |
 |
| I challenged Gabe to a race….I won! |
 |
| Mommy and Daddy with the birthday girl! |
 |
| Grammy and Papa with G! |
 |
| All our friends that celebrated with us! |
 |
| Gracie was really excited when she knew they did sakes on her cake! |
 |
| Making a wish! |
 |
| Each year we do a book for the girls birthdays with a letter from us and for everyone to sign at her party. I pray that she reads these as she grows and they capture our love for her and her development through life. |
Letter in her book this year:
We have loved you since the moment we found out we were expecting, but our love for you grows with each passing day as learn more about you. You are the joy of our life and family. You have a sparkle in your eye and a huge smile on your face 98% of the time. You are always so happy, and we love to watch you skip. Your Daddy always says he knows you are happy when you skip. You love music and you love to draw. You LOVE to roller skate and swim, which both new found skills. You love to be with your friends. You have SO much personality.
We pray that you look back on these birthday books, letters, and the blog posts about life that we have captured and shared one day and know that your Mother and Daddy loved you more than you will ever know. I hope you know how proud of you we are. We ADORE you. And we thank God every day for the miracle that you are!
May you celebrate your eighth birthday with much love surrounded by those that love and value you!
You are our “Gracie Bug”! Love always, Mommy and Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment