Saturday, September 13, 2014

Back to the Hospital!


Now as I write this Jimmy is home, resting, gaining the energy he lost after several days in the hospital but we continue to reflect on how blessed we are!  He is now back to health!    

Trying to entertain during Monday's swim practice. 

This girl love to swim! 

Tuesday while I was working I got a text that he was still in significant pain and not able to keep anything down and was driving himself to the doctor (I was in a meeting and did not see this otherwise I would have drove him).   When he got there the doc immediately readmitted him to the hospital due to the dehydration and pain.   He was very out of it due to all the meds they were pumping into him and I did not know until late that night when he remembered that they were also treating for a blood clot in the kidney and a severe infection!   That made this wife’s heart stop!   He was very sick!   

Mommy had promised the girls a Mommy lunch date at school for several weeks so we made that happen this week even with all that was going on.  It was Maggie's first school lunch with Mommy at CCS! 

Me and My Girls!  

Jimmy’s mom came back up Tuesday night to stay and help with him and the girls.  I took time off and worked from the hospital and house as much as possible but focused on loving on Jimmy to get him well and keeping the girls life as normal and balanced as possible with sweet visits to see Daddy.   

Day 2 in the hospital and getting Daddy snuggles before we head home to bed.  Gracie was sound asleep snuggled with her Daddy. 

Maggie enjoyed the snuggles but was moving all over and asking a million questions. 
While Daddy was at the hospital Gracie woke up early one morning and snuggled in.  She fell fast asleep after telling me she was ready to get up! Silly girl! 
I joked with Jimmy and was serious when I told the girls a new rule I have for them after the past two weeks and Lynn’s quick trips up--No matter how old they get they must love 3 hours or less from their Mama!  Okay, so I am not serious.  While I would love to have them close that may not be where God has called them to be!  I would love to live 3 hours or less from my family but unfortunately Ohio is 9+ but we are all where God has called us to be to grow!

Thursday Jimmy was released to come home!  Yay!  We were all ready to get him home to rest and complete the healing process.    

Thank you to all our family, fiends and coworkers who sent texts, called, prayed frequently for all of us, and offered to help in anyway possible.   We are so blessed by your care and concern and know we could have asked you to do anything if needed.   We love you all!   


Saturday we took the girls out to have some fun at a new Trampoline park.  It was so much fun.  Gabe and Katelyn met us there with Ellie and spent most the day with us.  We sure have missed them!   

Gracie had saved her "math fact" money to get a new American Girl doll. She arrived Friday when she got home from school!  She looks quite excited doesn't she? 

A little chill out time after the week being juggled between school, hospital and the house.  

Gracie enjoying some iPad time before "dry land" swim practice.  They wore her out! 

Ready to jump! 

(a little blurry…but well worth it)  Maggie in full action on the trampoline.  

Uncle Gabe and Gracie stopped to pose! 

She made it across!   

Then we went to the pet store to see the petting zoo and puppies!  We set the ground roles before we went in…no pets! They will be so excited in just a few weeks…..

Maggie getting lots of practice walking a dog. 

Gracie tried to give it commands.  

We are so blessed to have this little one live so close!  At lunch she was all about her Auntie Rach!   Candy Corn is a favorite right now when she is over. 



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment