Sunday, January 6, 2019

Christmas Cookie Decorating Parties with Friends


The girls each wanted to have their friends over for a party to decorate cutout cookies before Christmas.   6 batches of cookies and icing later, bottles of sprinkles, and lots of laughter the parties were over.  I am sure this will now become an annual thing we do with their friends.

Gracie had her friends over for brunch and a quick dip in the pool... yes, the freezing pool in December!  I promise they were not in long!

Gracie did help me make the cookies.  

We did homemade hot chocolate with brunch.  Gracie's gift to each of the girls was a mug she picked out just for them! She put a lot of thought into it and it was perfect.  These girls she has are priceless!  

 As I looked at the table and heard the laughter in the next room as they were decorating cookies I smiled at the moment and froze it in time (yes took a picture) as some day these moments will be less frequent and yet still cherished.   




this was good for this OCD mom.... sprinkles are worse than glitter all over.  But it did not mater.    It would clean up and they had a blast!  

the girls did a great job decorating! 


Maggie's party was the next day to make it a little easier on set up and clean up.   For Maggie's we did snacks and the girls mamas all stayed too.   Maggie's friends are so precious.  They sure love each other and support each other well.

I laughed that the 3rd graders may have been less messy with the sprinkles than the middle school girls!  Ha.  Really they were about the same.  



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment