We were busier than normal this December, or so it seemed. But as we looked back it was so full of time with family and friends.
 |
| we do NOT do elf on the shelf. However, the girls do have the red elf that we pull out at Christmas. Maggie really took to it this year. She said it would come when we did our tree (which we put up later this year than normal). So I had also snagged the green elf last year sometime and pulled it out. Maggie declared "My elf brought a friend. I wonder what one will come next year". Goodness! That girl. |
As everyone knows, Maggie is very spunky and you never know what she will say. We were snuggled in bed one night and she was talking about her elves. I wanted to change the focus and said "Maggie, why do we really celebrate Christmas". She said "well I know its Jesus birth or resurrection but I have to think. It is His birth. We celebrate the resurrection at Easter". I smiled that she does know and gets it. Then she said "Mommy, Christmas is a really big deal. Bigger than my birthday. I don't get a Maggie Tree for my birthday". lol!!! That is right sweet girl, you don't.
 |
| Papa and Maggie at the Martin extended family party they hosted. |
 |
| Grandgirls-- Gracie, Allie, and Maggie |
 |
| a little shopping at the Chattanooga market downtown |
The Smith's are dear friends of ours who moved to Dallas just over a year ago. We miss them like crazy!!! Mis. Nicole was in town on a school day. Jimmy and I grabbed lunch with her and she insisted we pull the girls out for just a moment to give hugs. This made everyone's day. The girls were a little upset they knew she was in town and they were not going to get to visit with her.
We celebrated Christmas a few days early with my brother and his crew. While we were visiting we had a guest appearance from Santa himself. The kids through this was great. Gracie was trying to figure out who it was with no luck!
 |
| these two.... they are precious together |
No comments:
Post a Comment